Trips

Ok, ok! I'm just so sick having to wait for the pictures that I'll just write about our to San Clemente without pictures. And if I get the pictures later, I'll put them on. So here I go... Oh and while I'm at it I'll write about the trip to Knoll Lake...

Knoll Lake, AZ:

In June my family and the Ray family went camping a mile away from Knoll Lake. Most of you should know that we share a camping trailor... it's big, pretty, and only a year old. So we set up camp and were elated to find out that we borrowed quads and a Rhino. Later that day we went over to the lake, the Rays bringing there golden retriver Annie. The lake was beautiful. It was like so blue, with a reflection that sparkled. And it was a moutain lake, so there were mountains and pine trees surrounding it on all sides. No motorized vehicles were allowed, only the slow canoes. Although the trailor was big enough to fit all of us, the oldest four kids (Tyler, Rachel, Adam, and I) slept in a tent. The next couple days we spent quading, and riding on the Rhino. One day after canoeing we caught a fat lizzard that looked like half frog, half bearded dragon. On the third day it rained A LOT. Poor little Annie couldn't come in the trailor; she was all wet and had to stay under the trailor. The next day we fished (but caught nothing) and then found a gardner snake we named "Butter"! Later, my mom was a hero. She saved the forest and possibly some lives! While on the Rhino, she spotted some smoke. She looked for where it was coming from, and discoved that lightning had struck a tree! Brian Ray drove over to where park rangers would be, and when they saw the tree, they said that the tree was burning from the inside, and once the fire reached the roots, it could reach the roots of other trees and pretty much burn down the whole forest! We also made a fort on the trip, which was pretty fun. I'm telling you, it was a great vacation!

San Clemente, CA:

A two weeks or so ago we left for Cali. My grandparents had a condo that would be empty for five days, so we went and stayed there. On the trip we went to the beach, and I discovered I'm a great boogie-boarder!! :) The water was cold, and, being of Arizona blood, I was amazed that I would actually get in the water! It was seventy, eighty degrees, and since there was an Alaskan currant that ran into (or something like that) the beach. Every day we went to the beach. We'd have breakfast at the condo, then go to the beach. We'd play for a few hours, then have a PB&J sandwich for lunch. Then we'd play some more until 2:00 or 2:30 when it was Eric and Sophie's nap time. We'd drop them off at the condo, then go to the pool where we'd swim or relax in the hot tob for a few hours. For dinner we'd either go to Pizza Port or Padro's Tacos (the first day we went to Pizza Port, then the second day Padro's Tacos, then Pizza Port, then Padro's Tacos). The last day we stayed at the beach longer, and I discovered that it was fun to body surf, even on the big waves! We waited to go to the pool until dinner time, then ate at the pool. On the way home we stopped by at the Morris's house where we dropped Rachel off. I haved missed her terribly, and I am glad to say she is coming home today. I love California.


Thank you, summer, for making all our awesome trips possible!!!

2 comments:

jessie dryden said...

That trip sounds like so much fun! Especially the lake part.

~bubbles~ aka christina said...

Sounds like you had fun!!! :D

Instagram