- A member of the Church
- President of the Beehive class
- Vice President of NJHS
- A little Japanese maid/schoolgirl (or an actress in The Mikado)
- Participant of the 6th Ward choir
- A singing student of Sister Cavenee
- A piano student of Sister Bloomer
- A Highland Jr. Honors eighth grader
- A member of the Highland Jr. Girls Choir
- An oldest child
My days are jam-packed with homework, chores, and activities. I take Spanish, which requires much work. I have found that eighth grade as a whole is a lot harder than seventh grade. I think, "Okay, I will have time to do that project over the weekend. Finally." But then my weekends are jam-packed, too. Yesterday I spent most of the morning doing chores, then left at 12 for a four-hour play rehearsal. 45 minutes after that, Rachel, Mom, and I left for another hour hours to do a booth at the Constitution Fair. Along with the Williams and the Durfees, us kids dressed up in kimonos and walked around handing out flyers and telling people about our show. Trust me, I felt very strange walking around like I was Japanese at the Constitution Fair. Then today, I left for church a half-hour early (8:30) to practice one of our ward choir songs, and didn't get home until 3 after having more choir practice and BYC.
I will be a MiaMaid as soon as October tenth comes, which will mean I am no longer President of the Beehives. At the same, my first concert for Highland choir is on the fourth. Performances for the Mikado start in November, which means we will have a very crazy couple of weeks. After that I was hoping to try out for Boys Basketball Cheer at Highland and possibly the Easter Pageant. Sister Cavenee's singing lessons go for three months, and we will have performances. School will only get harder as the year progresses.
There are many times when I just was to collapse on my bed and do nothing but read (Yeah... so much for getting a ton of reading time during the school year...I get twenty minutes of SSR a day and that's it!)... but that's not an option in life. So, lets just have fun while the clock practically shoves us around the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment