Fourteen

  It is almost 9:00.  In about three hours, it will be 10/10/10.  I will be fourteen years old.
  I can't believe it.  Fourteen seems like such a.... different age, than ages younger than it.  The first time when you're thought of as more mature.  I will be in Mom's Mia Maid class, and I will go to stake dances.
   In my Honors English class, we are reading Romeo and Juliet.  In the beginning, Juliet was not yet fourteen.  Such an old story, a love story known for many years.  I know their lives were much shorter back then, but how could so much happen to a girl who was just my age.  Juliet took her own life because of a man, yet she had so many years ahead of her.      
  Joseph Smith was fourteen years old when he had the faith to go to the peace of the woods and ask a question.  He was fourteen when he was visited by God and Jesus Christ, and changed the world.
  Life is such a spectacular thing, and now marks another year that I have been on this wonderful earth.

No comments:

Instagram