Service

  In Good Works, we are taught about the importance of service.  It is a part of life that is a gift to both types of people- the givers and the receivers.  I've learned that those who give the service are also blessed because they get to have that warm, peaceful (but not at all prideful) knowledge that they have helped someone, just as the Savior would want them to.
  If you take a close look around you, you'll discover that service is happening all the time, whether or not the giver/receiver even realize it.  Take moms, for example.   I know my mom spends every day of her life serving others, whether it is cooking for us (or every single person supposed to come to New Beginnings tomorrow), taking responsibility for all the things various people said that they were "too busy for" (though by the time she did all the things that she did for The Mikado, I don't think any person could have been busier than her), etc.  I also thought it was adorable when little Olivia taped a letter on my parents' door, saying that they would be served every day.  It was supposed to be "a secret" who she was, but we all knew it.  And sure enough, every day my parents got a little circle taped on their door saying "You've Been Served."
  As I've tried to notice and acknowledge the small, kind acts of others, I've also strived to serve more myself.  Really, that is the only way that a person can truly be happy.

 ~And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. -Moroni 7: 45 ~    

No comments:

Instagram