The Embrace

   Despite the raging heat of the day, the night is cool, dipped back into two-digit degrees with the help of a sleeping sun and a roaring AC.  My wet hair clings to the back of my neck and dampens my tee with the scent of flowery soaps.  My feet are bare, my thighs are hugged loosely by a pair of comfy cotton short-shorts.    Drifting through open doorways is the soft sound of my family's slow breathing, for I am the only one awake.
  Memories flood my mind.  Endless spectrums of colors, varieties of sounds, concontions of emotion that sift through my soul each time I blink.  So much to remember! So much to never forget!
  It was winter we abandoned, summer we embraced.  We took flight from Peru and stepped back proudly onto the soil of the States.  Adventure claimed our hearts for three weeks, plunging us into a world so different from the one we knew, but when we emerged, we were ready to inhale in the wonderful welcomings of home.
  The doors of the giant green vehicle flew open.  Five suitcases were dropped simultaneously on the edge of the airport sidewalk.  We ran and crushed each other with hugs and drowned each other with kisses, absorbing the love of a family separated for us to explore the world.
  The experience taught me in way I could never otherwise be taught.  I had the time of my life!  But oh, how lovely it is to be home.

1 comment:

PianoWriterGirl1011 said...

I'm so glad that you are home and that you had such a great time!!!!! I can't wait to catch up and here about all of your exciting adventures!!!!! Love you!!!!!

Instagram