The adventure continued.
I love the Hawaiian culture. The heritage is absolutely beautiful, and the people there are just so nice. They are very talented dancers and they also have pretty good food {we ate lots of fish, shrimp, macadamia nuts and coconut}.
On the tenth I celebrated my seventeenth birthday snorkeling and seeing the famous luau by cheating and watching it clear from Betty's Island Grill {I believe it was called that?}. I feel like 17 is way older than 16, but I don't feel like I'm that old. It's bizarre. I officially have no more birthdays left as a legal child.
Another time we took a hike. Japanese influence embellished the lands before the trail, as did strange types of plants-- lots of gruava trees-- and streams. Even though we accidentily left our bag of tennis shoes at the hotel and had to hike in flipflops, the air was so pure that it was much more exhilerating than difficult. Now see, I was smart and wore a swimsuit underneath. Sure enough we encountered water, and even though my siblings could only stick their feet in, I plunged into the gurgling stream with no regrets.
Now I must dedicate a photo section to the flowers. Because they were lovely.





No comments:
Post a Comment