Prom 2K14: "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody"

I can't lie and tell you I thought I was going to Prom this year.   In fact, I think Nick Caraway was right in saying that there's hardly any honest people in the world, because Bryan straight up fibbed to my face to tell me we weren't going.
Well, surprise!  One day I walked into my room to find my entire room filled with Hershey's chocolate kisses and red solo cups standing upside down.  A note read "Now that I've KISSED the ground you walk on, let's be the cutest CUPle at..." And then I had to remove all the cups that didn't have chocolates under them and found that the remaining spelled out P-R-O-M.  I about squealed with excitement.  On my wall was scrawled in giant letters, "I Bryan! (and ChelselC)"  So to answer him back, I spelled out Y-E-S in the grass with those giant rainbow lollipops with a trail of dumdums to the door and dingdong-ditched him. 
I've gotta say it was my favorite dance yet-- since every couple in the group was actually dating, there was no drama and we were all just able to have a good time.  The day date was split over a few days.  On the first day, we had a day off of school and met up and Chandler's house to play Settlers of Cataan.  I hate board games due to my lack of attention/analysis skills, yet I had so much fun chilling with them, completely guessing at what I was doing {"Why the heck would you choose that move?!!!!"} and still managing to tie last place with like four of the six players.  The time flew as we joked around, and then we picked up some food to bring back.  Bryan bought a loaf of French bread for a snack, and we also got some giant things of cookie dough and icecream for pizookies.  But the best was yet to come.  Once it got dark, we drove up to some desert backways and parked out in the middle of nowhere and set up beds in the trucks.  The stars were absolutely dazzling with less light pollution from the city.  Someone had a space app on their phone, so scanned the sky to find the names of hundreds of constellations, planets, and stars in the skies.  To me, their is nothing more mesmerizing than the mysteries of the galaxies, the timelessness and the size of the universe.  I ponder the stories behind the Greek names, and I get chills thinking about the religious aspect of it too.  Man, was it a perfect date!  Though I probably could've skipped out on that part where I ran into a jumping cactus.
On our second part of the day date, the boys took us up to Scottsdale to see Jesterz, an improv comedy group.  Oh. My. Gosh was it hilarious.  I don't know how these people did it, but they were able to come up with stuff at the snap of a finger and make it absolutely hysterical.  My mouth ached from smiling! Afterwards, we headed to the Riparion, where in the darkness of the trail an older man pushed past us, muttering to himself.  When we got to the gazebo, Chelsea & Chandler said that some guy had run out of the gazebo, refusing to make eye contact but nervously mumbling, "Don't go in there!  It's haunted!"  What the heck?  Needless to say we were slightly spooked, but all cuddling together helped.
  The day of...  After picking us up & trying not to get killed when we pinned on the boutonnieres, the boys took us to the beautiful Tuscan restaurant Brio, where we got to feel like adults in a fancy eatery and everyone else fauned over our dresses.  One couple stopped Bryan & I to thank us for reminding them of prom when they were high school sweethearts-- 25 years ago!
Then of course... actual Prom.  My my was it jazzed up & wonderful.  It was held at the victorain-style Castle at Ashley Manor, and I understood once I got there why the venue was called a "castle."  It was, hands down, one of the most gorgous modern places I have ever been to.  So we partied, relishing in the aura of the Roaring Twenties as we danced all night.  I am a horrible  dancer, but then again so was everyone else, so we had an absolute blast!  {One of the top-chart songs right now is the exotic Talk Dirty to Me...  Yeah, it got played twice LOL. }   On the fast songs, we jumped around; on the slow songs, we swayed to the beat & indulged ourselves in the sweetness.  When our feet got tired, we all sat in a secluded area of the pavilion, and watched the fireworks bloom in the sky above. I seriously never wanted it to end.  But then, even when it was over, the boys turned on a slow song and we danced in the parking lot.  I felt pretty much like a princess the whole night.
  Thank you Bry for an amazing time.  

No comments:

Instagram