Fortunately, we've had plenty of fun and games. My mom is the president and makeup artist of Actors Youth Theatre, and my siblings are involved year-round in shows, including the two summer shows, Addams Family and Into the Woods Jr. Sadly, I'm not even a real theatre kid & yet I no longer find it abnormal to find false eyelashes/wigs on the coffee table, watch Sophie painted like cows or fairies or ghosts for "practice," or get asked to run to Goodwill and fill the cart with the strangest items I can find. {BTW, I just found out that last summer's Aida won several National Youth Awards including Outstanding Production! This is competing against states like New York and California too!}
![]() |
| After his amazing performance as Jack {beanstock}, Eric got asked by representatives from THREE professional theatres to audtion for their shows! |
![]() |
| Sweet little Livy {left} got to turn bratty for the Stepsister role. |
What I like about summer is that it's spontaneous. Whenever I want, I can go swimming {if I can sneak out without being seen by the younger too, it becomes my meditation time. if not, then it becomes chaos.} Whenever I want, I can find some old 80's movie to watch with dad. Today, thanks to my school friends, I was finally able to check ice skating off my bucket list! Man, was it fun, and though I'm not saying I was a pro, I'd say I was pretty past for a first-timer, and I felt natural and was managing to do arabesques {I didn't fall once the whole time}. Then later, after work, my family met up with the Hanks for a game of tag-hide-and-seek in a giant empty work complex. Random right? But so much fun! I hid so well in a tiny ball under a corner cubicle that my neck cramped, and after three rounds of not moving/being found I had to come out and remind them I was still playing. Then their adorable, blonde-ringleted five-year-old daughter started holding my hand and wouldn't let me leave her sight the whole rest of the game, making sure to show me all of her best hiding spots and methods of getting people out.
OK, I'm so not ready for school. But what can I do? I just got chills because I realized that this is officially my last day of my last summer as a kid.


No comments:
Post a Comment