It's Raining It's Pouring

When the Phoenix area gets hit by Hurricane Norbert and floods the national news with how it received more rain than ever before on record, there's nothing you can do to stop the absolutely wild flash floods nor the closure of highways/airports/countless schools {not mine though}.  You can either cry rain rain go away or you can just enjoy the rain we received in the midst of a mega-drought.
  {That being said, it was absolutely terrifying driving to school with the rain bashing against your car  and the streets flooded and all the other teenaged drivers who don't know how to drive when it's wet.  I feel so so sorry for those people whose houses flooded or who had to abandon their cars almost completely submerged on the freeway.  It's scary because this has never happened before, so why would anyone have flood insurance? and I can't stress enough the need to be careful!}

  My friends and I {safely} enjoyed it.  We put on our swimsuits took a canoe and rowed around our giant lake-of-a-previous-park, and then attempted to jump on my trampoline, which was also totally submerged.  Let me tell you:  I don't know what it's like to walk on water, but jumping on it was highly entertaining yet no piece of cake if you ever wanted to know that.

this is only a section of the park.  try quadrupling this image, adding some bushes in some areas to create a marshland that you would never imagine to be in the desert. 

No comments:

Instagram