Another World in Utah


One of the days that Olivia was here, Dallin was both slammed with homework and had to work a long shift.  So Olivia, Rachel and I headed south on an adventure.  First, we checked out the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple, which I have been wanting to see for a year.  The glowing white temple towers over the surrounding landscape, a gorgeous building with intricate designs laced throughout its marble edifice. To enter, we removed our shoes and found a modest chapel area.  There were also posters pointing out shared beliefs ideas between this religion and the religious culture of Utah, which I thought was really neat.  I really respect that effort for peace between different groups. 




Outside, there was a llama farm where peacocks roamed.
Then, we drove to the Young Living Lavender Farm, where I had just gone the day previous for work and absolutely loved.  This sprawling property was fresh with the aroma of flowers and greenery, and the dark crossing panels overlaying the white farmhouses brought me a fresh wave of nostalgia for Germany.  Best of all, there were a number of baby horses that came right up to the fence!











On our way back towards the highway, we noticed a big red barn.  We stopped in to buy some ice cream, raspberry syrup and muenster cheese. Then we made one last stop at one of the temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


No comments:

Instagram