My 23rd


 This morning I woke up at 6:45 to find the family room light on and Dallin asleep next to me in his clothes. I woke him up to do the homework he was supposed to do before he fell asleep cuddling me, and then I was too excited to go back to sleep.
"I'm gonna go to the store to get ingredients for pumpkin pancakes!" I said.
Dallin sighed. "You're ruining your own surprise! We're going to Denny's for breakfast!"
"But I thought you had to go into work!"
"Surprise!"
Before we left, Dallin made sure I opened my four presents. The first was one of my decorative jars, the second was cans I bought yesterday, the third was bleach, and the fourth was a new camera to replace/upgrade from my old broken one! I dolled myself up and then watched the pilot of Nancy Drew (starring a fellow Actor's Youth Theatre actress Kennedy McMann who I used to watch in plays with my siblings!) while Dallin did his homework, and then we enjoyed pumpkin pancakes at Denny's. Of course, we had to test out the camera, so we drove up to Squaw Peak and snapped some shots, of course too unfamiliar with the new device to realize that we accidentally made all of our attempted self-timer couple photos blurry.
We both had school/work to attend, but my friends in my classes were so sweet! Then Rachel and I got dinner and went shopping for a few hours, before I returned home to the smell of spice cake and gifts from family members. Rachel gave me an assortment of German holiday treats and a restaurant gift card, my parents gave us a dessert gift card, Dallin's parents gave me a dozen darling hair ribbons, and Grandma gifted me with a very generous check! Thanks everyone for a wonderful day! 









No comments:

Instagram