This Valentine's Day, the sun was out and I suddenly felt more happy and energetic than I'd felt in a long time. It was 45 degrees out, but apparently I've acclimated to the cold because that felt so warm! I put on a tank top and shorts and sun tanned for two hours in my front yard while I wrote my book. Rachel and I shared a chocolate milkshake, and then Dallin surprised me with gorgeous flowers and a Reese's peanut butter egg. My favorite!
Initially, Dallin had planned on surprising me with a hike for our date. He decided to instead run it by me, and I said it was perfect! He knew me so well; that was exactly the idea I had come up with for what we should do on Valentine's Day. So we drove to Provo Canyon, where the towering mountains preserved its winter snow. We walked, passing bear tracks and holding hands to prevent slipping on the ice, meanwhile we discussed the Wheel of Time book series. Dallin had been begging me to listen to the audiobook for a year, and when I finally purchased Audible I realized I should have listened to him a year sooner!
After our little walk, I made orange julius and chicken bowtie pasta with way too much salt. Dallin set up the air mattress with lots of blankets in the family room, and then we snuggled up and watched a cheesy movie.
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Walker is nearly 5 months old, and after spending so long looking forward to January when I would finally get to meet him, I honestly can...






No comments:
Post a Comment