I was happy to have a home visit for a week before my grad program started. My body seems to have acclimated to Utah temperatures and therefore forgotten how to cope with Arizona heat, but it was well worth the sweat, especially when I got to cool down with a Dutch Bro's frozen hot chocolate and the pool. While we were there, Dallin and I rotated between the three households. While Dallin joined the Samuelsons at the flight school, I want shopping with my (or his) sisters and accompanied my mom on a lot of trips to the tile store to help her prepare for the big remodel. My family bought a boat, and we went to the lake twice to test out the incredible wake-surfing gear. We joined the Urness family at the shooting range.
On Saturday, my mom took our dog Dakota to get a C-section. She had 7 puppies, including a 9-ounce runt (as a reference, the biggest sibling was 18 ounces). A few hours after she was born, Sophie started shouting. The pup stopped breathing, started foaming at the mouth and went completely stiff. My mom gave her mouth to mouth, and her breathing resumed followed by gradual relaxation of her muscles. We looked it up, and apparently she had had a seizure. Dallin and I rushed to the store to get ingredients for puppy formula including Karo in case her blood sugar levels were off, which can sometimes cause newborn puppy seizures. Then everyone took turns watching the litter box and bottle feeding her throughout the night. The next day, the little pup was very wiggly and ate way more than her siblings, even figuring out how to latch onto her mom by herself. She and her siblings are now almost a week early, and my mom reports they are all doing well!









No comments:
Post a Comment