24 in the Red Rocks


The only thing I wanted to do for my 24th birthday was visit Arches National Park. I've lived in Utah for almost 3 years and have never been! So we packed the car with enough snacks for a day trip and make the three hour drive. 
When we got there, however, the park was at full capacity.  We couldn't be admitted! What?! I figured that with coronavirus there would be way less tourists and therefore there wouldn't be a crowd issue, but I was wrong. For all I know they could have halved the capacity. So we pulled over and researched other places to visit on Hanna's phone, since hers was the only one that still had a connection. We were too nervous to try to visit Canyonlands or any of the other nearby parks in case we encountered the came issue. So instead we found Corona Arch! I kid you not, that is the name. After reaching the arch, we sprawled underneath it in the line of shade it offered. For lunch we had a picnic overlooking the river. We found a small climb to dinosaur footprints and petroglyphs. Amazing! The dino tracks had been preserved in layers and layers of rock for millions of years, and then one day the rock fell and split perfectly to reveal the footprints. 
We were tuckered out after that, so we drove to the Green River to dip our feet and then made our way home. That night, our friends came over to watch the beginning of Bly Manor.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! 

















No comments:

Instagram