Better than 20-20 After 2020



We all know by now that I rarely leave the house nowadays, but that just makes all the fun things that much more exciting. Here are a bunch of photos from my photo reel with captions to document the times when I wasn't doing homework or clinic work.

Dallin and I attended our friends' combined birthday party, which was Great Gatsby themed.


To explain the title, I left my poor vision in the past. Now in 2021, I have 20-15 vision because I got LASIK!  I called the place on Monday just out of curiosity and had my eyes fixed by Friday! They had me come in for a consultation to check to make sure that my eyes were fit for LASIK. I had -3.00 vision with a mild astigmatism. The next day, Paige and Nguyen drove me up to Salt Lake.  I was given Xanax and a stress ball, and then doctor put numbing drops in my eyes. I laid down under a massive machine where they used forceps to pry my eyelids fully open. My eyes were too small, so I was relieved when they used a smaller pair of forceps.  Having my eyes pried open even with the small forceps was so uncomfortable. I stared up at this blindingly bright light, and my vision went dark as the laser cut a flap in my cornea.  My vision came back and they moved me to a different machine. This time there were colored lights that I stared at as they lasered off the part of my eye that was too long. And then it was done! The procedure probably took ten minutes. Not a pleasant experience but over VERY fast. My cousins took me back home and after a three or four hour nap the burning sensation in my eyes went away.  I slept away most of the weekend. It's been a week and a half now, and I still have bruising on my eyes, but it's absolutely incredible how well I can see! 



Rachel N had an "Among Us" party for her 24th birthday. Among Us is a phone game that became WILDLY popular a few months ago.  Chelsea's relatives let us borrow their massive house, and the girls prepared the whole place to be ready for the game.  Each round, there were two imposters among the crewmates. Everyone had 4 tasks that they must try to complete without getting "killed." 

One day we were walking home from church and our elderly neighbor flagged us down. She was very upset because Arlo had been pooping in her garden and digging up her tulip bulbs.  That little stinker! We had no idea, so we promised to try to keep him contained. Now he is only allowed to go out on a line. We got him a cat tree to keep him more entertained in the house.

 

Cooper (Dallin's brother) has become very serious with a girl named Kaeli, and I couldn't be more excited. She is a fun, hardworking person, the kind of person who called me randomly and asked to cover for her while she created a snowman war in the front yard.  She pre-made snowmen at her house and brought them in a truck, then used red juice to look like blood. 



And last but not least...I attended a pole dancing class for a friends' bachelorette party...and I LOVED IT. We learned pole dancing and and lap dancing techniques, and the pole dancing reminded me so much of gymnastics, which I haven't been able to do in years. If I ever have the chance to live closer to a studio, I would absolutely do it to stay fit! (Not to perform of course).



-lapdancing 


No comments:

Instagram