April Showers (and Snow and Sunshine)

I have learned a great lesson about relaxation since beginning grad school. Is life stress-free? Of course not.  But I have come to realize that I am 24, and I can't just keep waiting for school to end before I can enjoy my life.  So every Thursday I have been attending Dallin's volleyball games.  I sit in the stands with the other wives and pretend to watch Dallin play while in actuality I play with their darling toddlers running around in the stands.  Some evenings, I invite Rachel over to make food, go on walks, watch thrillers, or otherwise do homework parties together.  Other evenings I turn on my audiobook, let the cat out and do yard work.  On the weekends we have game nights with cousins Paige and Nguyen and their new puppy, or we go out on picnics with our friends Conner and Kenzie and their newborn.  For Easter, we felt like real adults.  The Provo cousins made a fancy breakfast with Lundgreen-style sourdough waffles for General Conference, and then for Easter we made a ham dinner. 







No comments:

Instagram