We've seen a lot of family over the past few months. We were in Arizona after the fire, came back to Utah to move into a new place, went back to Arizona for Cooper and Kaeli's wedding, then the Urness family came up for Cooper and Kaeli's Utah open house, then we all went up to Idaho for another family wedding, and now the Urnesses are back again. With that being said, a lot has happened!
1. Puppies! My mama always swore she wouldn't mix her purebred English goldens with poodles, but alas...
 |
| Oakley wants to be a mommy so bad! |
2. I chopped my hair! I told Danielle I was bored with it, and when I told her I was cycling through thoughts of dying it red, brown, white-blonde, and gray, as well as chopping it, she said she would chop it right then and there! Danielle did the initial snip, and then Bri did the professional work to make sure it didn't look blunt. I cut off 12.5 inches!
 |
| BEFORE |
 |
| AFTER |
If I'm being honest I totally want my long hair back, but it was a fun change and Dallin is still obsessed with it. He never wants me to grow my hair out again and claims it's already grown too much in the last 6 weeks.
3. The burned house got demonished.
 |
| Roommate Porter and Arlo the day of the fire. |

4. We went to a rodeo. They weren't kidding when they called in Strawberry Days; they were selling strawberries and cream for $3, and after devouring 2 I joined the family in watching the most 2010 event I have been to since 2010. By that I mean the humor was completely politically incorrect -- that kind of stuff gets banned in the 2020s -- but the entire audience was cracking up and had such a fun time. The events with the calves being strung up or tackled definitely made me uncomfortable, but the bronco, bull, and motorcycle rides were wild and kept everyone on the edge of their seat.
The Urness family sure knows how to have a good time. Tonight we got pizzas and went to their hotel lobby to play games for hours. My father-in-law Danny offered his 14-year-old $5 for eating an entire slice of lime including the rind. She accomplished it, only to gamble away her money in a family game of poker.
For Father's Day, I made Peruvian food. They had never had it and were down to try it. With their help, I cooked lomo saltado and aji de gallina.
6. We babysat our cousin's schnauzer puppy with the agreement that we could just have Arlo stay at their house with us. Arlo hid in the windowsill behind the couch the entire time, because that curious pup gets WAY excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment