 |
| Going to the salon to fix my mistake. |
 |
| Day 1 |
Dallin wasn't home, and I was bored with my hair. Part of it was because I wore black scrubs all day everyday at my externship, so spicing it up with my hair felt like a good way to add some color to my life. I first tried pink shampoo and loved it--the downside was that it required a ton of the bottle to show up, and then it washed out after a day or two. Since I liked the hint of strawberry so much, I thought it would be a grand idea to go red. I spent 30 minutes pacing the color aisle at Sally's and finally decided to go with "Light Copper." I didn't think to buy a plastic hair cap, so once I had the dye in my hair I was concerned about staining my neck or the bathtub, so used a rubber band to roll my hair up into a bun on the top of my head for the 45 minutes while I waited for the color to process. Then I showered it out. I was very excited as I started to blow-dry my hair, thrilled at the first glimpses of red. However, once it was fully dry I realized I had made a huge mistake. Not only did it come out orange, but one side was way darker than the other and there were rubber band lines across my entire head. It was splotchy, and putting my hair in a ponytail only revealed the layers I had missed. Dallin came home and immediately was like, "What did you do?!"
I started to panic. I had seriously messed up. I called my friend Kenzie who is a hair stylist, who said I could get a color remover from the salon the next evening. But that was not soon enough. Scouring the Internet for ideas, I rushed to the store for dandruff shampoo and calcium pills, which were to be crushed and mixed into the shampoo. I did several rounds of this concoction before I went to bed, trying to scrub the orange out of my hair.
At work, patients complimented on my hair while innocently saying, "The orange is so pretty." The orange? Orange and pretty don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to box dye. And of course there was the problem of the rubber band lines. I got the color remover from Kenzie and did that treatment with less success than I hoped for. She also recommended I use the dandruff shampoo a couple times before my appointment with her the next week. Luckily my hair was toned down from when I initially dyed it, but I was relieved when the seven days rolled around and I was able to get my hair fixed. Kenzie is a saint for squeezing me into her busy schedule.
 |
| Day 2 |
 |
| Day 3 |
No comments:
Post a Comment