Christmas 2022: The Urness'

We celebrated Christmas Eve with something that is very likely to become a holiday tradition: hobo dinners around the campfire.  Dallin and I rode with Olivia, following behind the truck that Gracie was driving with the parents.  Olivia's exasperated comments about Gracie's driving were gold--Gracie had just received her permit a few days prior. After enjoying dinner, we sang Christmas songs, and Danny gave a devotional including a video clip about the Hubble Telescope.  Sitting under the stars like we were, it was mind-boggling to think of all the galaxies out there. He read Luke 2, a tradition that has been in my own family since I was born.

We headed to the Urness home in the late morning and changed into our turkey jammies. Turkeys because Danny has always called the family the Turkey Crew. Under the tree was probably the most spectacular pile of presents I've ever seen. Everyone went above and beyond to treat siblings, parents and spouses. 

After presents and food, we all hopped into the car for another trip to the desert, this time to go shooting.



























No comments:

Instagram