The great thing about working at a school is keeping that school schedule, breaks and all. For my spring break, Dallin held down the fort at home while I visited our families in Arizona. I arrived the same day that Dallin's mom Jordie and stepdad Jim moved into their new flight school building, and the same week that my parents were busy volunteering at the Easter Pageant. I was kind of just along for the ride, tagging along on my mom or Jordie's errands or just hanging out at the house, sorting through old photo albums or *attempting* to make boba with Sophie. Jordie insisted on buying baby clothes, although Dallin expressly forbade any of us women from buying baby things before we moved over the summer. "That's ridiculous!" Jordie disagreed. Even though it was April, Utah was hit with another snowstorm while Arizona had perfect in-between-seasons weather. I went on frequent walks with my parents and enjoyed sunbathing, of course covering my baby belly to protect that fragile skin! Later on in the week, my sister Olivia and her fiance Tanner arrived for her bridal shower. There I got to see many familiar faces from my childhood, as well as my grandma Lundgreen who will turn 93 the same week my baby is due. Because of my parents' volunteer position, we were able to reserve really good seats at the Easter Pageant, but we still had to arrive several hours early. I ran into Dallin's dad and stepmom Rachelle, so while waiting for the performance to start, Rachelle and I waited in line for BYU Creamery Ice Cream. It was worth the wait, and fun to hear from her updates about the house that's being built where the old house burned down two years ago. On my last day in AZ, my family attempted to go to the lake, but our plans were foiled both by the crazy crowds met by the sign "LAKE FULL" and by sudden problems with the truck that was going to pull the boat...turns out some critter had gotten under the hood and chewed through a bunch of wires. But no matter! It was a beautiful drive full of desert wildflowers and an otherwise relaxing afternoon.
Spring Break 2023
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...




No comments:
Post a Comment