Baby Showered

 

At the end of July I was honored to be celebrated along with my baby boy at my baby shower in Arizona! It was thrown by my mama as well as two of my sisters who helped put everything together, including a balloon arch and a delectable charcuterie board.  So many women I love came, including family from mine and Dallin's sides, childhood church leaders, and other family friends. After the shower I felt more ready than ever for baby to arrive! 

With my part-time summer speech job at the school district over, I was happy for a week to chill (or, well, melt) in Arizona. At the beginning of the week, my family went out on the boat and invited my Urness in-laws to join for an afternoon of wake-surfing (and for me, sitting on the boat or floating in the water when we were stopped). During the week we also saw the new Indiana Jones movie, swam in the pool when the water wasn't too hot, and enjoyed authentic Mexican food at familiar favorite restaurants.  I got to catch up with my cousin Kendall, who I haven't seen for years due to her living across the country. I also spent some time with my Samuelson in-laws, joining in for Hanna's last back-to-school shopping trip before her senior year started.  With the giant size of the mall, the trip could only be accomplished on my end with a Swig drink.  I've avoided caffeine for a lot of my pregnancy, so just a little bit had me fully energized and chattering like a bird to my poor mother-in-law while Hanna tried on clothes. 

The trip was over way too fast, but it was exciting to tell people, "Next time I see you, I'll have had my baby!"



 





No comments:

Instagram