My Pregnancy Log: Second Trimester


20 week scan

We found out I was having a boy at 16 weeks, and that is when we announced on social media. Honestly I had started to suspect he was a boy in the weeks prior, having dreams that he was a boy and the like.  I started regaining my energy and tried to be more active with goals to go to the gym or walk two miles up and down the hills of my neighborhood 5 days a week. I first felt baby's kicks at around 19 weeks. Rachel and I were watching a movie, and my position laid back in the recliner was apparently the optimal position to feel those first flutters.  It was another few weeks before Rachel, with luck, was able to put her hand on my stomach to feel his kicks, and Dallin felt him kick about a week after that.  I really wanted Dallin to feel the baby and knew that laying back was the easiest way to feel him, but of course the one time I convinced Dallin to recline on the couch with me to watch a show for an hour-and-a-half was the one time the baby decided not to kick. We were on video chat with my missionary brother when he FINALLY decided to start kicking again, and Dallin felt it. I was 25 weeks when I was able to catch a video of the kicks to send to my parents.  Towards the end of the second trimester, my work at the school was wrapping up and me and the Dallin moved, so I started feeling very achy all the time in my hips and feet.  I was worried the rest of my pregnancy would be like this, but fortunately once we got settled into the new apartment and school let out a lot of this pain went away. As long as I wasn't over-exerting myself physically, I was OK.  No more daily two-mile hikes up and down hills, but I could handle a few shorter walks per week.





Arlo loves to lay on my belly.



No comments:

Instagram