Beckham - 8 months

8 months meant some big achievements: Beckham learned to crawl! He was first inspired by his mobile cousins and began trying to hop his two legs forward. Then, he figured out how to do a few crawls while on a silky blanket. And then, it all clicked and he was suddenly zooming around the house! It was a stressful few days before baby gates of the correct width came in the mail.  I was so scared Beckham was going to make a beeline for the stairs, because all the barricades I made out of boxes and pillows could not contain him in the living room. He always goes straight for the cat food/water.

Currently, Beckham uses his head as a battering ram against anything that stands in his way. He also uses his head first when he rolls, flopping down from his hands and knees. 

**edit July 10: I forgot to blog when it actually happened, but believe it was after hitting eight months that we finally made progress on his sleep.  I would give him a "dream feed" before I went to bed, and then he would typically wake up one other time during the night.  This was so much better than the every ~2 hour wakings. His sleep varies since I dropped the dream feeds, and now that we've been sick for almost two weeks I think I will have to re-sleep train him. 


His first favorite toy — the lint roller, which he imitates mommy rolling across the couch and carpet. 
We got rained/hailed on during our walk to the local museum.




Top-left: Spit up came out his nose while playing hanging upside-down. Bottom-right: playing with cat toys. 





No comments:

Instagram