This Halloween, my mom brought up the lion costume she made for me when I was a baby. Unfortunately, the head was lost, so I made a lion's mane out of yarn. I knew when I spent hours on it that it would only stay on long enough for a picture.... but I had at least hoped for a smiling picture. Oops.
Beckham was extremely confused when he woke up from his nap and discovered I had leopard makeup on. I showed him his leopard book that he likes to read, and he looked at me, looked at the book, looked at me, and said, "Neh neh!" (his word for cat). Then, when I drew whiskers on his face and he saw his reflection, he said it again. The real cat, Atticus, was not a fan of my costume and acted super skittish.
For Halloween season we visited various fall festivals and, on the actual holiday, took Beckham and his second cousin Carter in the strollers to see the other kids' costumes. My dad even flew in for the occasion!
| Beckham and his cousin |


No comments:
Post a Comment