Barely Catchin' Up with Buddy Boy

I was so good at tracking Beckham's milestones when he was a little baby, but he became a toddler and somehow 7 months have flown by without me talking about Beckham's milestones?

At 17 months I had tracked that he was putting two words together: hi da, hi neh-neh, neh-neh mow (finally started saying kitty at 17 months). His favorite words/utterances at that time were animal, cheese, help me, outside, bath, please. 

Now, at 20 months, he has mastered all the animal sounds and is fluent in Minion language.  He knows many words, but often he starts babbling baby nonsense with adult-like intonation, telling us a whole story we do not understand.  He is obsessed with books. While once he woke up crying for his bottle multiple night a week, recently he'll wake up crying to be read a book. He runs so fast I can barely keep up with him, and he climbs and jumps off of everything.  He is highly opinionated about what songs we sing to him in the car and treats us like a radio station, saying no until we start singing the song he wants.







He was not a fan of his first haircut 



At the top of the step stool with Atticus (I can't climb the step stool to reach things in the cupboard without Beckham climbing right up behind me, leaving me semi-trapped).



Terrified at the carwash



Making potions in the bathtub

edit 5/19: Today Beckham and I were on a walk past this same house when the gray kitty, Luna, began running through the street. I could see a car coming, and neither was stopping. I left Beckham in his stroller on the sidewalk and jumped out to wave the car down before Luna could be run over.  (It was a neighborhood street, so this was not a risky endeavor for me, but tiny little Luna was certainly in danger of not being seen). The car stopped, but unfortunately, Beckham's stroller did not.  I had forgotten to put the brakes on the stroller, and the front wheels ran off the sidewalk, sending the whole thing crashing forward.  I pulled him screaming out of the stroller to find he had a scrape/bump on his forehead. The car pulled over -- it turned out Luna was their cat.  The teenage girl in the car ran over to help me collect all the items in the basket of my stroller that went flying, and the mom came to offer support. He cried for a while in my arms until I asked if he could pet their cat. That solved everything. He was fine the rest of the day. 














1 comment:

Cheri said...

He really is the CUTEST!!!

Instagram