A Bad Day

It was the day before play auditions. Adam was practicing his song, and I was doing homework. Mom was in charge of a Relief Society dinner and had to make 90 spinach pinwheels. Suddenly I found out that Eric had let our lizard Rocky out, and the pet had ran under the fridge. I wasn't scared, though. We had had many close calls with him/her, but he/she always ended up alright. My parents tried to lift the fridge with a dolley. Adam grabbed him/her,
and then my mom gasped. I ran over. Rocky was dead.

We immediately bought another. His name is Rocky the Second. It was the same breed, just older- though still not full grown- so he can't get under the fridge.

I remember that day in August when I wrote with excitement about getting Rocky. It is so sad to think that we will never see he/she grow up. He/she could have lived 35 years at the highest! Adam even asked my mom to watch over Rocky on his mission. Rocky, we miss you.

No comments:

Instagram