Gliding Melody

  Today I tried out for a solo for Highland High School's Night of the Opera.  Ms. Scholtz said usually she prefers Senors to do it, but I tried out anyway, even though I think I was the only Freshman.   The song I chose was Les Miserable's On My Own, which I had accompanied by Sister Camac. Although I was nervous beforehand, once my lips parted the melody glided from my soul. I'm so glad I did it.  I have no idea what will happen now, but now my teacher knows who I am.  Instead of being just another one of her hundreds of students, I will be able to stand out, because she has heard me.
  And I think she liked me too.  After listening, she seemed to be surprised that I'm just a Freshman and happy that I can be in her choir for the next four years.
  I am too.
  I love music.

No comments:

Instagram