Serious Treble

     I wish I was in a band.
     I'm sitting here, typing away, while I listen on iTunes to those singers whose voices are astonishing, the same day I took a singing lesson and spent the school day instead at a little cathedral for a choir festival.
    My friends and teachers always joke when they see me on stage, in a good way.  Singing, dancing, whatever, performing just brings out the fun and wild in me.  I love to belt at the top of my range.  I love to stand in the front of hundreds of people dancing around in my cheer uniform like I'm on top of the world {or at least my stunt}.   I can't resist the fun in darkening and dramatizing my makeup and spraying my hair till it can't budge.  Fear?  Forget it.  Bring on the adrenaline so I can wink or smile or swing my hips.   Bring on the pounding beat and let my pinkened lips split.
   What is it?
   What has become of that little girl who was once too shy to peek up from the ground?
    Five days till sixteen and that little girl is not the same.
   
         

No comments:

Instagram