When the boy you are closet to asks you to the fairytale-themed "Mormon Prom," there is no physical way to opt out.
Not gonna lie. I really did feel like the princess headed to the ball, and my head spun with the dreaminess of not just a sparkly pink dress and extra-thick makeup and intricate hairstyles, but with the fact that I got to spend the evening with such a bomb-diggity person. Bryan and I had to laugh. Back in freshman year when our lab bio teacher kept trying to hook us up, we thought she crazy. Now...
Well, we certainly had a good time, to say the least. Dinner and a dance, but not just that. Though I love the heat and the throb and the melody of the music, the rocking to a soft tune, the partying around, there's more. I love being able to drive the long way there and just talk about those things you wouldn't typically talk about. Things that you can trust each other with. Things that make you wonder. And then, sitting at a bench watching the stars glint above and the reflection of the city lights snare on the pond surface.
It was a lovely time. And I definitely can't wait till the next.


No comments:
Post a Comment