On Friday night I nearly died from happiness when it started raining. See, in AZ, there ain't no "Rainy day go away," because the rainy day is almost always away. Y'all are just gonna have to accept the fact that I'm the type to run out when it's pouring to spin around, jump in puddles, get soaked, and make people think I'm high. A double rainbow even showed up.
I met up with my amigos to to watch Highland's first Varsity football game, and I don't think the rain let up the entire time. Despite this, the crowd was huge and blacked-out {except for Bryan, he missed the memo and wore white instead} as we all rooted for the Hawks. I wore Bryan's soccer sweatshirt with "McOmber" written on my back. It was kinda weird not being out in the front cheerleading like I did for so many years, but I think I'm gradually chipping away at the sadness as I get used to it. I honestly didn't mind chilling {literally} with my friends as we messed around being weird teens. At one point, when Bryan wanted to get something out of the car, he and I had to cross a giant parking lot filled with ponds and ended up getting sidetracked when the rain and solitude and flirting got to be too much for our hearts. We started kissing between two parked cars-- until we realized two guys were walking by, saying, "We should just hang out with them!" It got kinda awkward after that.
After a while we left the game to go to Haley's house, cause nothing beats waffles with homemade syrup listening to Brian Reagan videos when you're all tuckered out. Then Bryan drove me home. Man I love that guy.
On Saturday, we decided that Friday wasn't enough to quench our desire to hang out. A bunch of us met up at Chandler's to make crepes, try to pop whipped cream from our wrists into our mouths, argue over whether or not country music is good, watch the beginning of Star Trek {my mom was once a self-confessed Trekky but I've never seen it}, curl up on the couch, feed each other ice cream, play fetch with Chandler's amazingly talented ball-catcher dog, and laugh when his other dog stole the pizza right out of my hand. When the movie theater was full, we drove to the bowling alley with the windows rolled down blasting a nice mix of old Kelly Clarkson songs {that remind me of when my mom would drive me to swimming lessons with her CD} and music from Tarzan. I think we got some weird looks from the cars next to us.
It was tragically humorous how awful I am at bowling. I tried and I tried but no matter what advice of theirs I took, I was ending up with 5 points when everyone else had 55. Finally I told them "Screw it, I'm playing by my own rules." And I got a strike.
I pretty much love my friends. And being a teen. And life.


No comments:
Post a Comment