Freaking Fitness

  Let's be honest.  It's the holidays.  Holiday is another synonym for "getting fat," you know, with all the pumpkin-flavored ice cream and baked goods, hot chocolate, an abundance of candy and peppermints, eggnog, advent calenders, and pretty much the most delicious meals you'll have all year.  I am definitely a foodie and I'm not gonna commit myself to getting rid of such wonderful memories and traditions... but I can't just abuse my body either.
  So for the past three days I have done a steady 6-part workout.  I know it's not an excuse to eat bad, and I have been trying to eat good meals even if I allow myself the sweet treats, but I do want to tone up and I figure this definitely can't hurt:
  • a mile of cardio (alternate running/walking)
  • a minute-long handstand with my stomach against the wall
  • 105 ab reps (alternate sit-ups, V-ups, obliques, crunches, etc.)
  • 20 frog jumps
  • 25 push ups (variety types for different arm muscles)
  • 3 pull-ups (my arms are tired by then)
   I'm actually planning to commit myself to this.  Even though it can hurt, I love that post-workout feeling of mixed soreness and satisfaction and already I can tell that my muscles are building. Hallelujah! I want to be healthy and to make choices now that will help me in the future.  And I guess I'm hoping that by it writing down, I can make myself even more certain that this is what I need to do.

No comments:

Instagram