Dawn Awakening

  Yesterday, I decided that I'd made up my mind.  I've been completely torn over whether I want to go into nursing or design.  When I explained my dilemma to friends, they looked at me like I was crazy.  But I wasn't kidding.  I have always been fascinated by health facts and loved helping deliver my dogs' puppies.   I adore the idea of being someone's hero, being someone respected, someone important.  Yet from the time I was a toddler, I have found myself buried in my own artwork, whether it be doodles on my planner or homemade picture books or blog designs or works on a canvas.  I created a portfolio before I'd made it into the double-digit age, and even last night, I finished making chalkboard paint for my room before smothering my walls in chalk designs.  I knew I had to make a choice.  And I realized that, although I would love to help people in the medical field, my dislike of anything chemistry, physics, math related including anything biolically in need of a microscope to see...  my current frustrations with my anatomy class with the complicated terms used for pretty much everything you wouldn't even imagine existed in the body... my stress having to work under a tight, dependent schedule doing vitally specific things... Well, that would not go over well with the person I was trying to help, would it?   I like learning about nutrition and the best ways to live a healthy life and having a basic understanding of what the possible issues could be when someone isn't feeling their finest...  But I guess that's not what makes a nurse.  And I guess it's not for everyone.
  But design on the other hand... I have and always will adore using my creativity.  So should I not do something that I love?
  I created this pastel painting yesterday afternoon.  It was so fun to mix so many colors!  I had to laugh when I showed it to my siblings and Eric said, "How's she throwing so many leaves at once?"
  Of course, it'll take some learning.  I've never taken an art class other than those required in elementary school, so I'm excited to see how I can improve myself.  And guess what?  I have a whole life ahead of me.

No comments:

Instagram