If you're going to visit Rocky Point, I highly recommend you stay at Bella Sirena Resort. Although the other hotels are all right smack dab on the beach, this one is set back just enough to have several pools of varied temperatures.
We spend almost the whole time either in the water or splayed out in the sun {or both, since the ocean was so calm we could take tubes out}.
Vendors sold homemade tamales and jewelry and lime-sprinkled mangos carved like roses.
Whole schools of fish would pop out of the water, and I even had these two absolutely tiny fish {so clear that I could see florescent organs} that were unafraid and apparently fascinated by the bright color of my swimsuit, since they kept nudging me. I literally sat there is the shallow sea for ten minutes as the pair refused to leave my side.
At low tide we would visit the tide pools, where boys caught sting rays in cups and I got pinched by a crab. Rachel and I managed to rescue 10 starfish that had gotten trapped in shallow water and walked in the dark through the rather trecherous sea terrain to a deeper pool.
Other adventures ranged from riding on the banana boat {where Sophie was so proud for not falling off when some of the older kids did} to venturing out to the city. Little shops lined the streets with empenadas and clothing and trinkets.
My birthday is 10/10, the date everyone always says is "lucky." Weird as it may seem, this year I turned 18, which means that I'm now terrified that I might get framed for some crime and thrown in REAL prison. Fortunately, it also mean I can buy goldfish, I can give my own permission to get a massage, and I no longer have to abide by city curfew {as if I ever stay out that late haha}.
![]() |
| the great thing about fall beach vacations is that you can go to the mall where the swimsuits are discounted to $2.97 a piece. we bought so many it was ridiculous. |
| that itty bitty shape below is in fact the boat |
Seriously though, if you're wondering about a nice, relaxing vacation, I HIGHLY recommend Rocky Point. Despite the rumors, it's safer there than in Phoenix and honestly, tourism is one of their top sources of national income. I absolutely loved it!





No comments:
Post a Comment