Less than an hour after Dallin's plane took off, they stuck a needle in me, put a mask over my mouth and then I don't remember anything until I was in the waiting room surrounded by siblings. With my wisdom teeth gone and my mouth filled with guaze, I remember I didn't think anyone would understand me so I motioned for my mom's phone I wrote, "Did my heart do anything?" I have been having chest pains and am scheduled for an appointment with the cardiologist, but since I was hooked up I was hoping that I would experience the angina so they could see if the moniter wigged out. Then I typed, "Am I gonna remember this?" but apparently I do... let's see if it stays that way. I think I typed something else, not sure, but I know I asked Eric for a hug. I really wanted to tickle him, but I didn't because then they would blame it on the drugs. I kept giggling. Before going in I gave my mom my glasses, but when I asked for them back she thought I was making it up! But I tried to tell her through my gauze, "Mom you're not the one on drugs, yet I can remember I wore my glasses because I was scared I would try to take my new contacts out if they were dried out when I woke up!" She is yet to remember. I felt semi like a gymnast because the only way for me to walk to the car without crumpling into the nurse's arm was by walking on the balls of my feet. I remembered a lot, including the fact that Dallin left and how I was dreading taking my teeth out because I was worried I would either be bawling my eyes out or say something raunchy. While getting in the car I told my mom that I needed to be careful because Dallin thought he could handle himself and almost nailed his head on the car. I kept almost falling over in my seat and they all would freak out. I was really proud for being able to control myself, though I apologized to my siblings for being boring. They said I wasn't, and my mom said I was being way too talkative. Eric tried to trick me by saying that 9+10=21, although I initially misheard it as 9x10 and told them 90, so they thought I was stupid. I told them maybe my abnormally thin face would maybe look normal because of the swelling, but when I looked in the mirror I realized that it's more my jaw swollen so I told my mom I currently have an inverted triangle face. She laughed and thought it was my drug brain, but no that's a real thing if you take a face shape test!
I can't really walk that well. My brain is definitely not connected properly to my body and as I type I'm getting progressively dizzier, though also progressively more cohesive. Now my mom is asking what I'm doing because apparently being on drugs is no excuse to be blogging. Psht. I've thought since waking up that I'm being fairly normal but we'll see about that when I watch my video.
![]() |
| my chubby lopsided attempt at a smile |
*update less than 1.5 hours after waking up: I feel ridiculous because my mouth is numb, and when I try to open my mouth it barely opens, but one side can open more than the other. Before going home my mom ran to Walmart and Safeway for medicine and a protein shake {I never get to have those so I was very happy for the excuse} but I feel like a slob because I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror that it's all over my lips.
*udpate #2 eating ramen is an interesting experience. My mom just said that it took 1/2 hour for the nurse to wake me up, which is the most plausible explanation for my disappointing lack of craziness. She said I just wanted to stay curled up in my blanket, but duh I'm tired! I haven't slept very much this week for obvious reasons.
*update #3 I watched the video and now I remember that the other thing I typed was "Do I look bad in glasses?" because I wanted to wear them but I was worried I would look bad in the video. Turns out I looked bad even without the glasses so doesn't even matter.
*udpate #2 eating ramen is an interesting experience. My mom just said that it took 1/2 hour for the nurse to wake me up, which is the most plausible explanation for my disappointing lack of craziness. She said I just wanted to stay curled up in my blanket, but duh I'm tired! I haven't slept very much this week for obvious reasons.
*update #3 I watched the video and now I remember that the other thing I typed was "Do I look bad in glasses?" because I wanted to wear them but I was worried I would look bad in the video. Turns out I looked bad even without the glasses so doesn't even matter.

No comments:
Post a Comment