How wild is it to think that women were once shunned from educational systems? My experience at the Brigham Young University-Hawaii has been such an uplifting one for me, and as I receive my Associates Degree and hope to continue on with my schooling after my mission... it makes me sad to think of all those girls who never received a chance to learn as I have.
Anyways, I've already professed my love for history, but this semester I've found myself pleasantly surprised. Although for the longest time I've shrugged science off as "something that just doesn't click with my brain," I've discovered one of my favorite classes is actually my online Scientific Reasoning class. It's all introductory of course, but I've really enjoyed learning about everything from the history and composition of the earth to the laws of motion. In high school I loved researching what I could about health, and I took a combine three years anatomy and biology, convinced I was going into the medical field. Times have changed, and it's been two years since I decided to go into graphic design instead... but I hope that I can continue to learn about the world around me. Isn't it fascinating the way this universe keeps on ticking? I tend to believe that science and religion are a lot more interconnected than we can even imagine, and I'm excited to have so much time set aside for studying while I'm on my mission.
Looking forward to winter 2017, I know most of my classes necessary for a degree in Fine Arts will have to do with, well, the arts... but I would love to audit some more classes on other subjects. This semester I audited Spanish, and maybe in the future I can sit in for classes such as world religions or nutrition science or French I. After all, knowledge is power right? I dare you to be wise.

No comments:
Post a Comment