Crashing Other People's Family Trips Part 2

Because my mom and Rachel were absolutely swamped trying to get her grad school applications done, I decided I'd best stay out of their hair.  I lucked out-- Jordie surprised her kids by coming in town again. Dallin and I did our homework on the train and then joined Jordie, Danielle and her baby to the Christmas markets in SLC, even though they had already seen them the day previous. I DIED, IT WAS SO AMAZING.  

 In stark contrast to Swiss Days, this festival was actually true to German tradition with rows of traditional stands selling delicious Weißwurst, Kinderpunsch, Pflaumenstreusel, Racklette, Marzipanstollen, and Spätzle. German Christmas music flooded through the streets while the parade strolled through in pretty costumes {the Uchtdorfs were even there}.  I spoke German again!


 On our way back, we got pulled over by a cop. We chilled at Danielle's apartment, decorating a gingerbread house and snuggling on the blowup mattress, which Matt then deflated. Tony the dog jumped into any lap he could reach.   On the drive back home, while stuck in traffic, Danielle and Jordie gave Dallin and I both helpful and strange couple advice. They stopped by to hi to my mom, who told them all about why she wants to start breeding Bernese Mountain Doodles.

Daniel wanted to feature in the photo the perfect avocado 

all four snuggled in bed pre- the mattress getting deflated




No comments:

Instagram