Little Switzerland

 For Valentie's Day Dal and I used the money grandma gifted us for Christmas to book a stay at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, Utah.  Midway is called Little Switzerland, and for good reason.  Nestled between gorgeous, looming mountains, and built with pseudo-germanic architecture, the town reminds visitors of faraway Europe and of the Swiss pioneers who settled it years ago. 

We started our short little getaway by visiting the outdoor skating rink.  I definitely got a nice lump on my knee after I biffed it on the rough ice.  Dallin and I held hands most of the time, so he's lucky I didn't pull him down with me! 

Then we bought a chocolate croissant reminiscent of those I got with my companion every Monday in Augsburg.   We checked into our room and relaxed for a bit before getting dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  Then we hot tubbed, giggling at the little family playing "guess what animal I'm thinking of" with their kids who were probably 3 and 5. My favorite was when they asked the toddler how many legs her animal had, and she said it had 3 legs. Everyone was thoroughly stumped after that, so she gave another hint: it ate raptors. The answer ended up being a stegosaurus, haha.  After the cute family left, Dallin and I talked about baby names.  Nothing to ramp up the baby fever than hilarious 3-year-olds.

We went back to our room to listen to the Wheel of Time and watch a movie. We slept in with just enough time for Dallin to hope onto his work call, and then we headed back through the snowy canyon back home.  














No comments:

Instagram