15

 Although I tried to hide it, I thought my 15th birthday was going to turn out, well, not so great.  I was happy that it was over the break, but EVERYONE was out of town and NO ONE aside from those in my family had bothered to say anything to me.  
  "Maybe we could go to a movie," Mom offered. "Or we can invite these people over...?"
  "Sure."
  "Oh, I know!  There's a heated pool that you, me, and Rach can go to!"
  Okay. So we got in our swimsuits, but right as we were getting ready to leave, Aunt Sheryl and our cousins Kendall and Paige showed up in their swim suits.
  "Wait...  I thought you guys were in Mexico..."
  They just laughed and usered me into the car.  We left, and at this point I was definitely suspicious of what was going on.  They had brought suitcases... Mom had kept asking me about snacks I like... and what my contact perscription was... 
  As it turned out, they had all decided to surprise me a while ago to take me to a really nice hotel in Scottsdale for the night, whith a pool and also lots of shops and resturants in the area surrounding.  


  Aftter swimming for a few hours, we got all dressed up and went to an amazing Chinese retaurant called Flo's.  From three to seven all the appetizers are half-off, so that's basically all we got- crab puffs, pot stickers, lettuce wraps, ect.- and we were definitely filled up.
  After shopping for a few hours, we went back to the hotel and stayed up till midnight playing games and eating more food.

  I guess the lesson of that day was never to underestimate the amazingness of my family.  They knew just how to make my fifteeth birthday the perfect day.

No comments:

Instagram