America

Last Sunday was the Fourth of July.

I cannot express how proud I am to be an American. Our country has been facing trial, especially now with people like Obama and his wild Liberal supporters trying to tip her upside down.  But I know that, even then, I am so greatly blessed.  This country was built upon blood and tears, faith and dreams.  First, nearly two thousand and six hundred years ago, Lehi and his family were led here by God.  Then Columbus discovered her, and more people came flooding here in hope.  The Promise Land,  the New World.  Has ever any country held such great titles?  People have come here in need of freedom, to escape religious persecution, starvation and plague, and even simply in the want for a better life.  Our Founding Fathers knew exactly how our country was to be great, and I cling to the beliefs written in the Constitution.  We have fought and struggled against those who think not of our liberty, and even struggled amongst ourselves.  I am deeply sorry about the mistakes our country has made, but every country makes mistakes and that is just what teaches us how to be stronger.  Hearing about other countries facing difficulties much worse than ours makes me want to cry out from how blessed I am.  This is America, the land of freedom.  This is the land of Zion.    


No comments:

Instagram