Memories

Memories.  Memories.  Memories!
Life is built upon memories.  Every day brings us new memories, whether they are good or bad.  One of my favorite things to do is sit back and think of all the unimportant yet such wonderful memories.
*At my fourth birthday party, my mom bought my a Lion King cake.  Since girls usually like girly things, my mom gave me the slice with the little girl lion on it.  But I told her that I wanted Simba, and so she had me switch with my friend.  I also remember one of my presents kept meowing.  It ended up having a toy cat in it.
*When I was in preschool, there was a boy who had a crush on me but I didn't like him because I thought he was ugly.  Sad, right?!  One day when we were having snack, he sat down next to me.  I moved to the next chair so I didn't have to sit by him, but he just scooted down to the next chair beside me.  I again moved to the next chair, and he moved right back next to me.  But this time there was a wall next to me, so I couldn't move anywhere else and I had to be stuck next to him.  His name was Christopher, and I remember that because my mom was pregnant at the time and thinking of names.  If it was a boy, they thought about naming him Christopher because that's my dad's middle name.  I told them I didn't like that name, but didn't tell them it was because of the "ugly" boy in my preschool class.
*Also when we lived in MA, Rachel and I went to a dinosaur park with Tyler Ray and our moms.  Tyler actually has a picture from that day.  He was crying because he was scared and Rachel had her pants on backwards.  The dinosaurs there were life sized and mechanic, so I remember being just plain confused.  Every says that dinosaurs are not real anymore, but there's lots of them right here!
*Our neighbors in MA had bunnies.  I was so mad because one scratched my stomach when I was holding it.
*When I was maybe two or three, my parents told me that I had left my pacifier "bok" at our friends house (I did not know that they had left it there on purpose, trying to get me to stop using it).  I remember it was dark and we were in the car.  I don't remember the next part, but I immediately looked at Rachel, who was sucking her thumb, and then popped my own thumb in my mouth.  Then when I was six, Tyler told me that sucking my thumb would make me need braces.  If you get braces, he said, they'd have to glue them on your teeth.  I stopped sucking my thumb right then and there because I didn't want braces (though when I was eight I thought braces were stylish.)  
I have so many more memories, but I could never list them all.   


No comments:

Instagram