Oh wow. I think I should just hold a competition with myself to see how many nights in a row I can stay up obnoxiously late. I mean, midnight doesn't seem that bad compared to my friend Anthony's going to bed at 3:30 last night {for the same 19th century literature assignment I also spent many hours working on tediusly} but honestly, it's catching up to me. Is it possible for a sophmore to be diagnosed with senioritus? I swear, this is ridiculous. How long will it take for me {and apparently all my sophmore friends} to realize that even procrastinating down to the very last hours will not stop teachers from heaving mountainloads of work right onto your shoulders? {Though I was very shocked last week. Chelsea jokingly suggested to our English teacher to postpone that assignment I mentioned earlier to Wednesday instead of Tuesday, since we might forget it over the three day weekend. I tried to pitch in, of course being totally half-hearted because why would our teacher want to move the due-date? But, just like that, she bumped it to Wednesday! I guess miracles do happen.}
I thought fall break would mend my school frustrations. That just made it worse, cause it felt like I was returning to summer, but I wasn't. Then I thought a half-day followed by a three-day weekend ought to do the job, but apparently not. Maybe the thing is that my bomb-diggety friends and I anticipate hanging out too much, since we are constantly meeting up on the weekends, in the hallways, and even playing the question game & oozing romantic daydreams via txting.
Or maybe it's just that awkward time called Thanksgiving Season. Smack dab in the middle of Halloween and the Holidays, everyone tears down the cobwebs & tombstombs and then doesn't know quite when it's okay to pull out the tree, the lights, & the Nativity sets. Yes, that must be my problem, because you know how freaking bad I want to blast those darn fantastical Christmas tunes?
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...
No comments:
Post a Comment