Contemplations

  Why is it so fricken hard to make up my mind? One minute I'm dying to be done, and the next I'm craving to continue the excitement of Highland cheerleading. 
I love sporting my teal skirt and bouncy curls and obnoxiously big, sparkly bow, I love winking to a giant crowd on the top of the stunt and  waving around my poms and screaming on the field or the court as the Hawks soar by a mere one point and dancing my heart out and whippin out a couple backhand springs at 100 MPH. Yet other times I dread the thought of being lifted by girls not much bigger than myself on one foot in an extension-liberty with my life quite literally in their hands, a mental block stands as a barrier to keep me at the same level as I was at my second year tumbling at eight years old, and I just plain want more time. I mean, my coach had to threaten me with ten laps {on top of the two we had already done} and a hundred pushups for me to do my round-off-backhand-spring-tuck without him spotting me.  It's slightly ridiculous.
At this point, I think I've reached the decision to be done with it after this season.  Next year I plan on taking an A-hour as well as continuing without a lunch period, and with it going to be my Junior year I am really gonna have to focus on my grades as I scout out for scholarships.  Also, I'm not exactly harvesting money off trees, and I hate having to ask for yet another check every time a payment is required.  Speaking of which, I could really use a job to start making money on my own.  But really, if I want to be bumped up to Varsity with my friends on the squad, I'd need several thousand dollars more, fearlessness, and a huge time commitment, all of which I currently don't have.  These girls go to national competitions and win!
I really despise the feeling of regret.  But will I feel regret, or gratitude for this decision?  I guess we always have to make choices eventually in life, and by doing this maybe I'll be able to taste a different road, indulging myself in new adventures as I have more time to sing and write and who knows what else?  

No comments:

Instagram