Pitter-Patter

  Like gentle fingertips tinkering with chimes, the rain falls, teardrops sighing from the heavens with whispering winds and splattering onto the earth, tapping my window with the breathless beckonings of nature.
  I guess I can just say that my resistance crumpled.  Succumbed to the temptation, my defense fallen, I did what any other person would do.  At least, what I would do.  I flung the door open and enveloped myself in the chill of the night.  Barefoot.  In a tanktop.  My hair free over my shoulders.    It was still, the only light the dim shine from windows, the only sound the dull hum of faroff traffic, the occational distant whistle of the train, the wind.  My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I smiled.
  It has been so nice to just talk.  To sit down, blind and deaf to the wild world surrounding, and just reach into myself to pluck those words I have stuffed beneath my skin and my smile.  To listen.  To trust.  Not to be silly, for once, nor to try and sugarcoat, but to just allow the truth to bear itself even if for one small moment.  We talked and we talked.  And it was very nice.
 This time, as the screen of my phone lit up, we chatted by text simple conversation.  Digging deep this time not to reveal secrets to test the bonds of trust, not to contemplate how to collect the fragments if our worlds were to shatter, but to remember the many "that time"'s.
  Until now, the clouds were stubborn, defiant in the will to not let go.  But as I slip the phone back into my jeans, a droplet splashes my bare shoulders.  It's a mere sprinkling at first.  Then the water thickens, a thin drizzle becoming a clear rain.  Goosebumps raise on my arms.  Instead of hugging them closer, I splay my arms out and just twirl around.  I stick my tongue out.  I laugh.  I sing Titanium despite being out the open because really, I am bulletproof.
  Seriously, life is too good.  I just want to take these moments and snag them up selfishly before something could ever come crashing down and snatch them away.
 

No comments:

Instagram