POSSIBLY THE BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE

Pretty much the entire semester was building up to this weekend.  I was practically giddy by the time I left work on Thursday; I stuffed a backpack for the weekend and by Friday morning was off to Provo.

Dallin picked me up and took me out to breakfast, and then I visited high school friend Chelsea.  It's so crazy how much everything changes after graduation, and yet life just gets better. I went on a walk with my sister, and then Sister Price/Miranda picked me up for the ALPINE GERMAN-SPEAKING MISSION REUNION.  
I think that was probably the weirdest thing that happened to me in the past two months.  Put aside the fact that when President and Sister Kohler spoke, it felt like just another zone conference.  All these people that I may or may not have seen in the past while since serving in various parts of Austria and Germany.... in America... condensed in one chapel.... wearing normal clothes and referring to each other by first name.... it was AWESOME.  My first and last person I traveled with on the mission was Sister Lehmann, and now we sat there talking not about gospel lessons but about dates.  What? Since when was that a thing?
Mama Price

Meiners... served with me in Wien

Sister Lehmann {MTC friends} and Elder Nielsen {served in the crazy city of Augsburg together}
After the reunion, I watched The Ring with Rachel, cousin Paige and roommate Courtney.  Better than the horror flick itself was afterwards when Paige freaked out cause she got a nosebleed.
Dallin came over and the girls made pumpkin snickerdoodles.... I totally crashed on the couch and didn't wake up till 3 AM with the others still wide awake {I'll blame my illness for my inability to be a total party animal}.
The next morning, Dallin picked me up and we headed to the beautiful mountains outside American Fork for a gorgeous drive {more on that in the next post.}
That evening, I was surprised with a combined birthday party for me and a few of Dallin's roommates who shared my birthday week.  Rachel and Courtney honored us with spice cake, and we pretended that turning 21 was cool by drinking virgin sodas out of brown glass bottles.
Then, Asylum 49!  Unfortunately there was some communication and Rachel's car ended up driving to a totally different haunted house, but the other 11 of us entertained each other thoroughly while we waited in the chilly line for over an hour.  I was slightly terrified that I would have a nervous breakdown, but instead when I got separated from the entire group, dragged around by gore-covered psychos and chainsawed in the stomach, my natural reaction was to giggle.

 We all stayed out... late... and by the time the morning rolled around I was devastated to realize that my little trip was over.
I love my sister and all these fantastic friends I have in Provo.  Now that I'm officially accepted into BYU, I cannot wait to join the party.
Rachel making Lundgreen sourdough waffles 




No comments:

Instagram