Oktoberfest Utah Style




Attempt #6 to write down something.  Every time I try to write a paragraph, I end up deleting it, so I guess I'll state my life out in facts:
  1. Dallin and I broke up 3.5 weeks ago.  I'm not here to talk about that. 
  2. School is killer, but I'm still beyond excited for everything I'm learning now that I'm finally in my major.  I love being in the same classes with all the same people, and how my audio physics, speech anatomy, and language development courses can all be so completely different yet all lead me towards understanding the same general field. I applied to a research team -- we'll find out soon if I qualified.
  3. When I'm not studying {which is 90% of the time}, I am keeping myself very busy:  
  • The weekend after my pool party, one of the girls who I had randomly invited ended up texting me to see if I could coordinate another group activity.  We rounded up 10 girls and drove to the hot springs in Saratoga Springs, where a bunch of teenage boys mock pole danced and launched themselves off logs. Afterwards we brought the stench of sulfur with us to get milkshakes.  
  • The next Sunday, a group of Swedish-speaking guys in the ward invited us roommates to play Secret Hitler. 
  • I've hung out a good amount with my high school gals.  
  • As the new Relief Society 3 second counselor, I have been involved with an ice cream social, many meetings, visiting all the girls first to get to know them and then to interview them after we decided their ministering assignments.
  •  School study groups have actually been rather enjoyable.
  • Rachel and I watched an episode of Jane the Virgin for the first time in a month, and after several more hours of studying, us roommates got pumpkin milkshakes and met some new people at the hot tub whilst Rachel told our old family ghost stories.  
  • I now watch live-action historical documentaries in German and read Percy Jackson in German all in the attempt to prepare myself for the German placement exam next week. 
  • I invited a number of mission friends (Amanda, Mandy, Rachel and Brayden) to go to Oktoberfest with me. Some of us wore our dirndls, and we enjoyed the beautiful drive as we all got caught up.  I knew dirndls were cute, but I had no idea they would cause us to get hit on by older-middle-aged men, haha no.  We also saw my sister, who was there for a conference, and rode the ski lift. That night, I joined Amanda at a formal balcony dance party, where we helped each other choose from multiple dresses and then goofed off to the random music.
  • I went on a date with a cool guy that I met at the dance party! We saw "A Quiet Place" at the golf course, which was super fun. 





No comments:

Instagram