Engaged Life

   I asked my fiancé what's happened since we got home from Canada, and he replied, "Dress shopping? Your German homework? Our kissing experiences?" I'll spare you of the latter two, but I'll happily announce that...
I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!
Sorry Dal, no pictures yet. Rachel and I first tried on dresses for fun the week I got engaged, and then my mom flew in on Thursday for the real deal. Her best friend {my namesake, Catherine} joined us.  While the first place had some pretty things, nothing felt quite right; the second place turned out to be a front-room, custom dress business that only had size 10s on the rack. I thought I had found it the next day--a straight form-fitted, thick-laced bohemian dress--but then we decided to humor one more shop.  Sweetheart Bridal.  I didn't realize what my dream wedding dress looked like until the moment I put it on. I'll leave you with that cliff-hanger.

Other memorable events of the semester:

  • Dallin referring to me his fiancé or his future wifey, and referencing our future kiddos by using the name I picked out for my first daughter when I was 19.  I started making him dinner while he was in the shower after volleyball, and then he came up from behind to hug me and said "I can't wait till this can be us all the time!" As we ate, he remarked excitedly, "Can you imagine what it will be like to wake up next to each other every day?!" Since our engagement, he has been so so romantic and making me so so freaking impatient to marry him already. 
From left to right: Riley's cousin and friend, Riley, Cami, Lauren, Emily, me.

more COMD friends!
  • We celebrated Riley's birthday.  I absolutely ADORE that girl; we have become friends since getting into the COMD program and studying speech anatomy for countless hours together.  On her birthday, some COMD friends and I surprised her by taking her out to Brazilian food at Lucy's.  Then we hopped next-door to the tea-party-perfect Taste for an elegant bite of chocolate mousse, before walking around a garden shop and a creepy, cluttered antique shop.  Rarities ranged from flapper mannequins to 4000-year-old Egyptian scarab rings. After the friends went home, Riley and I went shopping and then later met up with other friends for dinner before watching the beginning of Mama Mia at her place. 
  • We babysat 10-month-old Maverick.  Although I would say it made us slightly baby hungry, don't be expecting us to be expecting any time soon!  We had a blast pushing him down the hall on his little baby bike.  Dallin had never changed a poopy diaper before, so he got to hold up his legs/pin down his flailing hands while I did the dirty work.

  • Felicia {Adam's girlfriend since the time I was serving in Vienna over 2 years ago} came in town for a BYU theatre audition.  Rachel and I joined her for froyo and shopping.  Although I had seen her a good amount when Adam was around, I absolutely loved finally getting some girl time with her; she is such a doll, so sweet and seriously so strong, especially considering the things she told us she has been through.  I hope she gets into her program!   
  • Jordie and Bri {Dallin's mom and sister} came in town and I got to see them for one day.  We went hot tubbing at their hotel, celebrated Jordie's birthday at Olive Garden, talked about wedding plans, and watched Jane the Virgin. They were teasing me because that show is about an engaged girl who gets pregnant because the OBGYN accidentally artificially inseminates her instead of giving her a pap smear....and they knew I was going to the OBGYN later that week. 
  • My appointment to the OBGYN was not fun.  But Dallin brought me a smoothie bowl afterwards. 
  • started Gerglishing again. {In other words, I mix German into my English and even experience German thoughts on occasion}.  I haven't done that since around the time I got home from my mission, but thanks to my intensive intermediate  German course, I finally feel like I'm picking the language back up! 




No comments:

Instagram