Sleepover

 



By the time Danielle picked us up from the train station, it was already midnight.  But some of Dallin's family, Jordie, Hannah and Brooke, had driven up to SLC to babysit Maverick while Danielle got trained for eyebrow threading and other cosmetics.  The last thing we wanted to do was sleep! So till three in the morning we snuggled up on couches and blow-up mattresses to watch the Truman Show.  The next morning, we were so excited for them to join us at church.  We passed the baby from lap to lap, laughing as he, with his lack of fine motor skills, tried to copy my face tricks {such as fish face or taco tongue}.  I joined the girls in the youth Sunday school class, flipping my engagement ring and assuming that my 5' frame would make my age questionable.  I forgot how goofy tween and teen boys can be, but it was fun to sit next to my soon-to-be sisters-in-law!

After church, we went sledding! If I'm being completely honest, I enjoyed watching the men "just send it" down the hill more than I enjoyed actually sledding, because they gave us quite the show!
Jordie taught me how to be a real housewife and make meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  We all sat down for another movie and shushed each other when tickling sessions got too loud for the sleeping baby.  I blame Dallin.  Despite our plans to head home that night, we decided why not and spent a second night.  










Matt trying to tackle Danielle down the hill. 


No comments:

Instagram