**more pictures coming later
After a long two semesters working hard together, my friends and I thought it was about time for a girls night. So we took the train to SLC, rolling past the suburbs as we laughed and chatted about things *mostly* not school-related. It's wild to reflect on a year ago, when I couldn't understand why my patriarchal blessing would talk about making friends. It was always so hard for me. And yet, in the space of a couple months I made friends who I hope I can remain close to even after graduation next year. Excited as we are for the future, we already dread getting split up!
We shopped around, and then we treated ourselves to Cheesecake Factory. The waiter kept hitting on our married friend Emily. They told him it was my birthday, and so of course when I tried to deny it, he thought I was just being shy and invited all the waiters over to sing happy birthday. "Sing to the blushing girl!" he said. After dinner, we walked around temple grounds. It wasn't till the next day that we realized that Emily had been pickpocketed -- all the credit and debit cards had been stolen, but all the card and IDs had been left! We have absolutely no idea how it happened with the four of us together the entire night!
Although one of our friends is moving to England for the summer and another to Brazil, and still hope to squeeze in time together before they go!
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...

No comments:
Post a Comment