Soap the Scent of Fall

Fall isn't officially here, but walk into any store and you'd think it was mid-October. A few weeks ago Kaeli and Cooper invited us to go on a double date to make soap.  There were lots of soap molds to choose from, shapes from flowers to cats to Star Wars characters. Dallin and I chose festive shapes to prepare for the coming months of fall and winter, and we chose equally nostalgic scented oils to go with them.  We chose colors, and then a girl brought out warm melted soap to pour into the molds.  After we finished mixing the soap, colors and scents, we played Uno on waxy stained cards and waited for the soap to cool in the ice.  Poor Kaeli had an allergic reaction to something coconuty in the air and had to go home with Coop. 
Along from this, we went on a double date at a country swing dancing class!  It was a crowded venue with lots of young couples learning to dance.  With my Lundgreen genes, I am no dancer, but Dallin was talented enough to pick up the moves and lead the way. 
Since the fire Dallin and I haven't seen Cooper, Kaeli or any of the roommates nearly as often. But we've tried to invite everyone over when we can. We've done a cinnamon roll pancake night and a pizookie night. 
In other news, I started the new semester. I'm taking a course on cleft palate, AAC, motor speech disorders and swallowing disorders. I can't believe this is my last-ever semester of school! Once January hits, I'll just have my externships (no classes) and then I will graduate in May. Over 18 years of school, and now I am so so close. 




My last first day of school pic:


No comments:

Instagram