Surprise!

Dallin did NOT see it coming. To celebrate his 25th, I invited every one of his friends to a BBQ at a beautiful grove near our house.  He knew I was busy most of the day with school things, but I exaggerated how long it would take me to get home. (And that only because he refused my plan to keep him busy -- I had his friends invite him to the range, and he said no.) I pushed the hour through rush hour and recruited the help of my cousins to blow up balloons and get the new portable grill up and running. Then, leaving enough time for everyone to show up, I went and picked up Dallin.  I had told him I had a "surprise double date" planned since he wouldn't leave me alone about wanted to find out what was hidden in the trunk (a lot of hamburger/brat buns).  Without giving him any more than that, I had him get dressed in casual clothes and drove him over. As we walked toward the vine-wrapped veranda, Dallin asked me why I was so smiley.   And then he saw the shiny gold "Happy 25" sign and said, "Wait, those are my people!"

We serves brats and burgers, and people brought games of beanbag toss, Kamjam, and various ball games. The sun went down too fast and I failed to get pictures of half our guests, but it was a fun party and I was so grateful that everyone came! At the party were Dallin's current and former work friends, his gamer friends, our relatives, and our old house roommates. It was a success for sure!







No comments:

Instagram